Online marketing is a form of marketing that uses the Internet and the online world to deliver key messages to your target audience. It’s different to traditional marketing, which is generally conducted offline (think newspapers, flyers and radio).
Online marketing works so well because it allows businesses to connect with their clients on a level we’ve never seen before. As the modern population uses their mobile devices more and more, we have more chances than ever before to be able to send our message to the right people.
The trouble is, many business owners don’t really know what is going to work for them, or how to put a strategy into place. (And most likely don’t have a lot of time to dedicate to marketing) And with the online world changing so rapidly, it can be hard to keep up with emerging trends and forecasts.
So, to succeed in business, what kind of online marketing strategies should you have in place?
Every business is different and has a different target audience, but every online marketing strategy needs to:
- Engage your audience by speaking to them the way they like to be spoken to
- Get your audience excited by appealing to their emotions, so they’re saying “Wow! I want to know more about that” when they see your message
- Be visible in the right place, by knowing where your ideal clients are hanging out online, and when
- Have some creativity and appeal to your audience in either a blog, a video, a podcast or a webinar
- Be monitored so you know exactly what works and what doesn’t and can make changes where you need to
When you have all these elements in place, you have the recipe for a perfect online marketing campaign. You’ll be able to make regular contact with your audience and have your message out there 24/7. You can build a tribe or following that is not limited by geography. You can attract and retain warm leads, and measure and adjust your progress to make your chances of success even higher.
If you’re bewildered about online marketing and have no idea what to do or where to start, please get in touch here for a friendly chat about your needs.